10/08/2004

Debate Impressions

I am not going to try to keep up with a line-by-line critique, but I will post stuff to this same post as they occur to me:

* Did Kerry have his eyebrows waxed? Or are they just dyed? Inquiring minds want to know...

* Kerry just insulted the crowd by saying "...and looking around here I don't think the (tax increase) will affect anyone but me, President Bush and Charlie (moderator)" - I bet there are some people in the crowd that make enough to be impacted...hope they vote for Bush

* You can tell that the memo from ABC has taken effect on Charlie the moderator...I sense Charlie being curt with the President...anyone else see it?

* there goes Kerry again name dropping...wonder how McCain feels to hear his name on the lips of both Kerry and Edwards...?

* the guy with the environmental question had a scowl...oh! Kerry just said not to 'throw labels around' - he, the ultimate Name Dropper...ugh

* ooooohhh...Kerry just said he is going to close the loophole for corporations that outsource jobs...does Tereza know about this?????

* does anyone else notice how many times Kerry says 'kids'? It doesn't even have to pertain to the question, but he gets 'kids' and 'children' in every answer.....wassup with that?

* oh - GW is talking about HSAs (health savings accounts) - a VERY good thing for health care coverage...

* well, chalk one up for Charlie the moderator...he is trying to hold Kerry to give an answer...but Kerry just slid by that one and went back to saying that the President is lying

* I must say that President Bush is doing much better in this format...he does connect well when speaking to fellow citizens

* Kerry's sleaze lawyer side is showing tonight...my opinion, I realize...but it is mine and I am sticking to it

* oh brother...Kerry just CANNOT answer a question...says he is a Catholic...recognizes life at conception...then goes on and on about...I can't remember...I think I dozed off

* hoo boy...Kerry just couldn't wait to answer the question about what mistakes Bush made...goes back to saying Bush rushed to war...name dropping again...blah...blah...blah...and I am richer than all of you...blah...blah...I visited kids that didn't have body armor...blah...

* okay, Bush reminds everyone that if some of the kids didn't have proper equipment, Kerry is to blame for NOT voting for the funding

* oh, and here is Haliburton...Kerry got it in at the last minute...sleaze...slime

* Closing: Kerry will never cede, never give a country veto over our security...BUT...here is the explanation for global test?...no...I have a plan...blah...I have a BETTER plan...blah...

I'm going to get a cold beer

* that lady that is sitting and scowling behind President Bush is getting on my nerves...why did she come anyway? now she's picking her teeth...will the nose be next?...hmmm

* Bush did a fine job with his closing

Now off to vote on the spam sites with all the liberals...and see what everyone else thought about tonight

** one last note - I know that I am biased, but it sure did look as if the President had a larger and more enthusiastic crowd around him...heh