10/28/2004

Why I Am Voting For George W. Bush

There are a myriad of reasons that my vote will be cast next week for George W. Bush for President of the United States of America.

And there are many more reasons why I will NOT be voting for John Kerry:


We do have a right in this country called freedom of speech, and I am in favor of everyone’s right to this freedom – even if I don’t always agree with them. But, one thing I have never done – nor any of my friends has ever done – nor any of us have ever contemplated doing – was meeting with the enemy while a war is still being fought against them.


Or protesting against a war by throwing medals over the fence that surrounds the White House, especially while my comrades-in-arms are still fighting the war I just left.


Or invoking the name of the enemy while a war is still being fought. Or taking that enemies demands for ending the war, including leaving our POWs in enemy camps.


My grandfather served in WWI. He returned home and went back to his life, didn’t mention the war very often. But one thing he did NOT do was speak falsely about his comrades-in-arms or testify against them – especially while some were still suffering in POW camps.


I don't see a flag burning, medal throwing, communist loving history with George W. Bush.



I look at George W. Bush and I see America. Sure, he is not perfect. Who is? Sure, when I look at him I am reminded of the words in Amazing Grace "...that saved a wretch like me!I once was lost, but now am found;Was blind, but now I see."

But, for all his faults, GW is someone that is committed to preserving the American way of life...his first priority.

George W. Bush has stood tall, looked the enemies of the United States of America in the eye and told them "No Way." Not under his watch. You won't see George Bush bowing at the altar of the United Nations. The UN, that is filled with countries that hate the U.S. and want us to fall. GW won't cut and run. He will finish the fight the terrorists picked with the United States on September 11, 2001.

That is the reason the terrorists, North Korea, Iran, all the enemies of the U.S. are AGAINST George W. Bush for re-election.

And that is precisely why I will vote FOR him.

DR