10/19/2004

It's Weird, Man...

When I first started blogging it was for a very personal reason: I needed an outlet for all of the built up ‘stuff’ that I needed to release every now and then.

My family – and friends – had already reached the saturation point by being recipients of my email blasts whenever I found something particularly egregious that I felt I needed to get out to the ‘world.’

Then one day, I found the blogosphere. A latecomer, I know, but for me it was salvation. I could post anything that was on my mind (well, within reason, dude) and from that point forward I didn’t have to worry about it any more…it was ‘out there.’

But something changed. And I don’t want any of you thinking that I have gone squishy or anything, but there is a real community ‘here’ that I never knew existed.

Links. Comments. Trackbacks.

All of a sudden I am not this lone voice in the wilderness…there really IS someone – out there - that understands what I am trying to accomplish when I fire up the PC at night and try to rid myself of the nagging thoughts that have been building throughout the day.

A lifeline? Who knows. All I know is this – my latest ‘de-stressing method’ is also fast becoming my newest addiction.

DR