11/17/2005

Mark Steyn: I would be in favor of wrapping virtually every Republican Senator in asbestos, and using them to insulate my attic.

Every time I have to leave town for a couple of days on business...I am astounded at what I find when I get back to "my world"...

NOWHERE on any of the MSM channels has ANY of this been discussed!! - at least not the ones that I was able to catch...

I was fortunate enough to be able to catch Steyn on the Hugh Hewitt show this afternoon...and heard Steyn utter the words that are the title to this post...

The lunatics are apparently running the asylum on the Republican side of the aisle...

Time to get fired up...send emails, faxes, letters, make phone calls...WHATEVER you are able to do...and get them to reverse this Senate resolution!

HughHewitt provided us with the contact information for the ones that can make a difference:

Senate Majority Leader Frist, (202) 224-3344, e-mail

Majority Whip Mitch McConnell, (202) 224-2541, e-mail

Armed Services Chairman John Warner, (202) 224-2023, e-mail

You can also use the Congressional switchboard: 202-225-3121.

Demand the resolution be withdrawn.

At a minimum the Senate must allow a few days for the American people to weigh in on this proposed retreat.

I heard someone say - and right now I have to agree with them:

The Republicans hold the seats in Congress, but they are not the ones with the power...

WTF is going on back there???

DR