7/28/2005

I Nominate Dick Cheney!

Matt Drudge is reporting that Helen Thomas has stated "The day Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I'll kill myself," she told the HILL.

"All we need is one more liar."Thomas added, "I think he'd like to run, but it would be a sad day for the country if he does."



Hey, Thomas is still pissed since March 2003 when the President didn't call on her for a "question" - hmmm...he must've seen an ambush in waiting...AND she got all pissy during that same news conference when the President ended it with "Thank you for your questions" and didn't call on Thomas so she could say "Thank you, Mr. President" flushing a decades-old White House custom.

Hey! Helen Thomas declared war on this White House and now she's pissed because they accepted her offer!



Time to give it up, Helen...

No one said that being assigned to cover the White House is a life-long appointment...and at 82 I'd call it a day...

DR