12/28/2005

Washington Times: Centrist Democrats hit anti-Bush tactics

I think it's a classic case of poll watching...that favorite past time of the left...

The Clinton White House didn't make a move without first consulting the polls...

Kerry waffles daily...sometimes hourly...with the polls...

The article in this morning's Washington Times quotes Michael O'Hanlon, a national-security analyst at the Brookings Institution who advises Democrats on defense issues, as stating: "I think when you suggest that civil liberties are just as much at risk today as the country is from terrorism, you've gone too far if you leave that impression. I don't believe that's true"...

But - truthfully - I think his comments are based on this part of the article: Recent polls say 56 percent of Americans approve of the job Mr. Bush is doing to protect the country from another terrorist attack...

Otherwise...why would he wait until NOW to give his opinion that is contrary to the DNC leadership?

Why not last week when all the tempest was brewing?

I mean, don't get me wrong...it's a good thing that Mr. O'Hanlon came out with this stuff...but, I think it is a lot of "too little, too late"...

DR