7/27/2012

PUTTING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE...


WHAT EARTH LOOKS LIKE FROM SATURN

WHEN I SAW THIS IT WAS A 'HORTON HEARS A WHO' MOMENT...

But it actually comes from an article posted by James Altucher titled 'What to do when you lose everything.'

One thing that struck me was the part where he has you summarize 'all the ways to think about a bad situation RIGHT WHEN you are experiencing it.

These are good exercises, especially during times like these where we are experiencing or facing difficult situations, some beyond our control...

One exercise in particular struck me as something that could turn into a very positive daily routine...check it out:

I’m doing to do the daily practice. Things feel bad this second. But they can feel better tomorrow. I’m going to pick one physical goal (do 20 pushups, don’t eat junk food). I’m going to pick one emotional goal (forgive someone in your life), pick one mental goal (write down 10 ideas for new businesses), and one spiritual goal (be grateful you were once a fetus). Then I’m going to write an X on the calendar once I accomplish all those goals. Then I’m going to do it again the next day. I know my life will be completely different in six months if I do this. If the goals seem too big, then make them smaller. But do all four.
DR