7/01/2005

Woody Allen on 9/11: Ho-Hum -- No Big Deal

This from the New York Post's Page Six column:

(I am reprinting the entire column as it requires a free subscription to read it)

June 28, 2005 -- WOODY ALLEN thinks 9/11 is like, so yesterday! The neurotic New Yorker tells Teutonic title Der Spiegel: "As a filmmaker, I'm not interested in 9/11 . . . it's too small, history overwhelms it. The history of the world is like: He kills me, I kill him, only with different cosmetics and different castings. So in 2001, some fanatics killed some Americans, and now some Americans are killing some Iraqis. And in my childhood, some Nazis killed Jews. And now, some Jewish people and some Palestinians are killing each other. Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again." Unlike Allen's movies?

oh my...ain't it interesting how things change if you give it a little time?...you know Woody wasn't singing the same tune in 2001...Hollywood was certainly not so "brave"...remember the 2001 Emmy's?...postponed several times, of course, due to uncertainty...but I clearly remember the lengths that Hollywood and Woody Allen types went to when making sure that their asses were "safe"...

Gimme a break...Woody Allen is an idiot...

DR