12/23/2004

Electoral College Update



This is how the Arizona Electoral College votes, (Desert Rat's home state and domain, just in case you forgot) played out: Bush/Cheney - 10; Kerry/Edwards -0- (zip, nada)




New York, on the other hand, was more confused...THEY voted for John "L" Kerry...(Huh???)... and just what, exactly, does "L" stand for?...

"The ballots were correct, but for some reason with this document when it was typed up, nobody caught it in the proofing, including myself," Peter Constantakes, spokesman for the New York Department of State, told the Associated Press.

okay, okay...WAIT A MINUTE...stop!...

On MY keyboard - which is a STANDARD keyboard, exactly like a typewriter keyboard (just in case someone wanted to try to make a case about computer keyboards) - the "F" key is located on the left side of the keyboard and the finger that I use to type "F" is my "pointer finger" (remember those kindergarten days?)...

the "L" key is located on the right side of the keyboard and the finger I use to type "L" is my "ring finger"........

hmmmmm...now, tell me again Mr. Constantakes, just exactly HOW did this happen?



Minnesota - you gotta give those guys credit...they live in those sub-zero temperatures....they sound like Canadians....I am tempted to give them a pass...but really...why would someone vote for John Edwards for president after hearing his smarmy, lawyer-speak for all those months?...the only thing I can think of is that perphaps that EC voter's brain just hadn't thawed out yet...and...oh dear...it's December again...and the lakes are already frozen over again...and...geeze...I just can't bring myself to think about it anymore.....

There has been a lot of 'chatter' about the Electoral College voting system we have in these United States of America - and I have even seen some discussion about 'hijacking' the votes.

That would be disasterous.

The people have spoken. George W. Bush was duly re-elected President of the United States of America on November 2, 2004.

Let's move forward and work on healing this nation.

We need it.

DR